Fish Zander Lake – Green County, Wisconsin.
What can I fish for in Wisconsin right now?
Fish species list
- Bass, largemouth and smallmouth.
- Bass, white.
- Bass, yellow.
- Bluegill (Panfish)
- Catfish (channel, flathead)
- Cisco (Lake herring)
- Crappie (Panfish)
What fish is popular in Wisconsin?
The top 16 Wisconsin game fish species are:
- Smallmouth bass.
- Largemouth bass.
- Northern pike.
- Brook trout.
What fish can you catch and eat in Wisconsin?
Food-Fish Species Commercially Harvested or Raised in Wisconsin
- Burbot. (eelpout, mizay) Wild-caught (Lake Superior, Lake Michigan). …
- Bloater. (cisco, chub, giigoohnzehns) Wild-caught (Lake Superior, Lake Michigan). …
- Lake Herring. (cisco; adikamig) Wild-caught (Lake Superior).
What is the best month to fish in Wisconsin?
Typically, September to October is when walleye put on much of their growth for the current year. Fall movements of walleye up rivers can provide good fishing opportunities. Inland trout fishing season ends October 15, so make a last visit or two to your favorite streams.
Are alligator gar in Wisconsin?
The alligator gar isn’t native to Wisconsin because it is too cold. They can’t handle the cold weather here like our native gar the longnose and shortnose gar can so you will never see a breeding population this far north.