- Cash: Visit an agent location near you with your government-issued ID. You’ll also need to ask the sender for the tracking number (MTCN). …
- Bank account deposit: Receive the money in your bank account. Learn more about the service and availability.
- Mobile wallet deposit: Available in certain countries.
Can you send money from Ghana through Western Union?
Not only Western Union, most of the international money transfer companies function fully in Ghana. The legally recognized banks are authorized to carry out that duty by the Central Bank. Also, most of the post offices across the country get such transactions done with ease.
What documents do I need to withdraw money from Western Union?
- Visit a Western Union agent location.
- Provide your sender’s details, including the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN).
- Show a government-issued photo ID.
- Get your money once your details have been verified.
Can I receive Western Union on my debit card?
You can pick up funds sent via Western Union® services directly to your debit or credit card as soon as you get your tracking number (MTCN).
What happens if money is not picked up from Western Union?
If the funds haven’t been picked up by the receiver, you’ll get a full refund, including the transaction fee. If your money has been picked up by the receiver and you suspect you are a victim of fraud, we encourage you to file an official fraud claim with Western Union and to report your situation to law enforcement.
How long does it take to withdraw money from Western Union?
Money in Minutes service for pick up at an Agent location – generally delivered within minutes*. Next Day service for pick up at an Agent location is generally available the next day*. Direct to Bank deposit typically takes between 2 to 5 business days, but could vary, depending on country.
How do I pick up money from Western Union without ID?
We need the MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number) and a valid government issued ID. Q: Can I pick up money without an ID? A: As long as the sender used a test question, and the clerk checked the “Pay without ID” box.